Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's been one week..

Wow, I can't believe I am actually typing from my laptop in Florence! I have been here for almost a week and a half now, and I can't believe it. I literally feel like I have been here for months, but I love that! This past week has been an emotional roller-coaster but it has gotten so much better!

Arriving in Florence on the 29th was great. I sat next to a lovely Australasian man who chatted with me about how amazing Florence was. The only thing I was upset about was missing the Swiss Alps, but it's okay- i'll get them next time!! When I touched down in the airport, it was pouring (and I soon found out this is typical...) and I got into the taxi to go to my hostel and that is when everything came pouring down and crashed miserably. There was a booking mistake due to an uneven amount of girls requesting to live here and I had NO roommates. Walking and realizing I was just about to live on my own with no one for the next few months in a foreign country was earth-shattering scary. All the thoughts of me being trapped in my room alone, not having any friends submerged my head and I was going to have a panic attack! I soon realized there was nothing I could do, so I was going to have to make the best..

I can honestly say now, a week and a half later I couldn't be more thankful for my room to myself! Luckily for me, a friend from HS is also studying in Florence! I went out with her, met her roommates and her friends and I'm so grateful for it because they are sweethearts! Also, I met two other girls who live upstairs who go to my school! At first, it seemed scary living on my own but everyone here is really friendly. I've been meeting amazing people and I love it here. It's nice to spend the day out with my friends, but then come back to recharge and have a little alone time. I am a very independent person so I'm finding it amazing to say that the first time EVER living on my own is in Florence is pretty darn cool. I know it could be difficult at times, but right now i'm loving the fact that my friends are from different parts of the city. Each of us have our own section that we can share with each other, it's amazing.

So, so far living wise- Florence is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love it here, I know I keep saying that and it is so redundant but it is true. I LOVE it here! Everything about it is just amazing, and I can't wait to keep exploring my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment